Do you use Google calendar? Maybe you use apple calendar, or some other third-party calendar application to stay organized?
Choir Genius calendar events can be synced to your personal calendars!
Note: Calendar events must be accessible by URL in order to be synced to outside calendars. If you need to change this setting - or check that it's correct - click here.
Syncing only the events you're invited to
1. Go to: Main menu > My Events
2. Copy the personalized URL given below the table of events (bottom of the page)
3. Use the URL to sync your calendar. Steps for this part will vary based on the third-party calendar you're using. For google, you have to add a new calendar, and choose to "Add by URL".
Syncing all events
1. Go to: Main menu > Master Calendar
2. Go to the Month view tab
3. Click on the small orange button on the bottom left below the calendar.
4. Copy the URL of the page that opens. Alternatively you can right-click the orange button and choose "copy link address" - in which case you can skip step 3.
5. If a month is included in the url, then remove it. example: webcal://yourchorus.groupanizer.com/g/calendar/2016-10/ical should be: webcal://yourchorus.groupanizer.com/g/calendar/2016/ical
Alternatively, to sync all calendar years, change the last digit of the year to an *, like so: webcal://shar.dev.groupanizer.com/g/calendar/201*/ical
6. Use the URL to sync your calendar. Steps for this part will vary based on the third-party calendar you're using. For google, you have to add a new calendar, and choose to "Add by URL".
Notes about calendar syncing
Your imported calendars will sync with changes made on the choir genius site - but changes made to your personal calendar will not sync back to choir genius.
Google only syncs calendar changes about once a day.
If you need to force a one-time refresh, check out this webpage: https://www.binarysludge.com/2012/02/01/how-to-force-refresh-google-calendar/
For your "My Events" calendar - events that you RSVP "Won't attend" will not be removed from your personal calendar (just as they are not removed from your "my events" list).