This article applies to groups where the domain for these email addresses is the domain where your Members Only Site resides. Usually, this is the case when you have a public site with us.
If you only have a members only site with us, and your site resides at ______.groupanizer.com you don't need to worry about this.
Mailing lists can only function at the domain where the site resides.
Example: If you site lives at mychorus.com, then your mailing lists will end with @mychorus.com
IF YOU KEEP YOUR DOMAIN EMAIL ACCOUNTS - AND DON'T SET UP LISTS WITH US
- your settings would remain the same as they are now. Nothing would change. You do not have to use our mailing lists.
- you'd have to manually update recipients for lists outside of Groupanizer/ChoirGenius.
- HOWEVER: You could look at purchasing a subdomain for your site to live at, and run CG/groupanizer mail through that, have your own domain email for your public site address, and have that address also point to us (if you're thinking about this option, send us an email to discuss the details)
IF YOU KEEP YOUR DOMAIN EMAIL ACCOUNTS - BUT ALSO SET UP LISTS WITH US
- those lists will not work. In order for email to send, domain records are needed for the email system - and these records cannot be set to point to two different places.
IF YOU DON'T USE YOUR DOMAIN EMAIL ACCOUNTS AND SET UP ALL LISTS THROUGH US
- your MX records will point to us
- your google app emails will not work
- you can recreate all mailing lists and forwarding addresses. You can select, based on role, who can send to certain lists. List recipients auto-update as users are added into the system and are tagged accordingly.
- you cannot send out emails to people as "[email protected]" etc to start new conversations with people. However, when set up through a public-facing list, replies to email enquiries from the public will hide your personal email address and appear to come from "[email protected]", etc.